I have been getting a lot of hits on my blog recently, specifically on an unexpected post.
Carmen Sandiego? Sadly, No
I have been getting a lot of visitors due to MMA fighter Alistair Overeem, when I referenced he will be up against Brock Lesnar in a match in December.
Maybe people aren’t sure just who this fellow is? Here is a quick run down, just to be helpful…I think…
From his page on Wikipedia, Overeem, “is a British born Dutch mixed martial artist and kickboxer, signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He is the former Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion, Dream Interim Heavyweight Champion, K-1 World Grand Prix Champion, and made history by being the only fighter in combat sports to hold a world title in both MMA and K-1 kickboxing at the same time.”
Here’s a little fact sheet, just to make it easier for everyone:
1. Born on May 17th of 1980, which makes him 31, and a Taurus
2. Has fought in different fight promotions such as RINGS, Pride, K-1, Dream and Strikeforce
3. Will be fighting Brock Lesnar on December 31st in UFC 141
4. His fight record is 35 wins, 11 losses and 1 no contest. The majority of his wins (19 of them) were by submission.
5. Overeem is 6’5″ and 260lbs., compared to Lesnar who is 6’3″ and 265 lbs.
6. Has trained with Bas Rutten (El Guapo!)
7. Has trained in submission wrestling, which is I guess how people end up on my blog?
To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what people are looking for, so if that did not satisfy your curiosity, he does have a website
And good luck on…whatever the heck you’re looking for.