Why women should train in Jiu Jitsu
1. Self Defense: for women that are worried about their safety, this is a system that is not only designed to defend yourself, but to defend yourself against anyone. Big scary guy? Check. Midget Carney giving you the evil eye? Check. That one obnoxious girl that likes to start fights when you go out?
2. Confidence: the confidence of knowing how to defend yourself, the weight you’ll lose along with the support of your teammates will most certainly give your confidence a leg up. I know it has for me.
3. Great workout: If you don’t sweat while training, either you have the physique of a superhero, or you’re doing something wrong.
4. Balance, Speed and Agility: Before jiu jitsu I had absolutely none of these. Years later, I only have a little of them, but hey, it’s a start.
5. Waaay more interesting than Zumba: I get jazzed about latin-infused pop tunes as much as the next gal, but really, jiu jitsu is for those who love to challenge themselves with puzzles, figuring out their next move. It’s pretty sweet.
Ladies, any other benefits regarding jiu jitsu you would like to point out ?